Sunday, November 3, 2013

GUEST POST: My Writing Inspiration by Author Charlotte Pearson- Mummy Fever Book Tour


Guest Post: My Writing Inspiration

By Author Charlotte Pearson

My Writing Inspiration


My three lovely children are my writing inspiration – I starting writing my book as means of documenting some of the funny things they did, or said and the adventures we had along the way. Time passes so quickly and if you blink you feel as if you have missed something sometimes. My children have also been my reason to stay strong, even when I didn’t feel as if I could be at times. One smile, or giggle or funny comment from them and I already felt better! That innocence is really powerful.

I think I was also inspired to write my book because I felt as if there is so much about parenting that we aren’t told. People around us tend to sugar coat it, and for some people I imagine that is quite a dangerous thing. I know someone who had a child before me and she had this perfect image in her head of what it would be like, how she would feel, what the baby would be like and so on- the reality was VERY different from that and she struggled from day one. He child is now eight and she has only just managed to pick herself up and move forwards.

Parenting is hard – babies don’t come with a manual.

I hope my book reveals the truth about some of this – the funny, the emotional, the embarrassing and the truly wonderful aspects of parenting.


My Writing Style

I’d say my writing style is casual. It won’t be what everyone wants to read but it was how I wanted to write. One of the reviews I have had said “I felt as if the writer was telling me her story over a glass of wine” – that was my favourite review because that is exactly how I wanted it to come across. That was most certainly my intention.


Mummy Fever


Mission Accomplished is written in the form of diary entries and by writing in a casual, diary-like style I was more able to convey certain feelings. Love, joy, worry, anger, fear, despair – as well as hint that in many cases there was more to be said that couldn’t be written down.


Author Bio Charlotte Pearson


Charlotte Pearson was born in Leicester in 1979 and lived with her parents, both teachers and younger brother, Sam. After completing her studies at Lutterworth Grammar School, in 1998 she was accepted to Keele University to study Sociology, Applied Social Studies and later completing a masters in International Relations. She also spent time at the University of Kyoto, Japan. Charlotte now lives in North Wales with her partner and three children. Charlotte wrote Mummy Fever: Mission Accomplished whilst pregnant with her third child and is currently writing the sequel.

About Mummy Fever by Charlotte Pearson

Title: Mummy Fever (Mission Accomplished)
Author: Charlotte Pearson
Genre: Contemporary

It was the best of times … It was the worst of times ... 'Mummy Fever: Mission Accomplished' is a determinedly honest blow-by-blow account of young motherhood that will remind you why you vowed never to have a second child, and why you probably broke that vow two years later. Discover how to open a door gracefully to a perfect stranger half-naked and covered head-to-toe in ... well, never mind, how to grow eight arms, how to fend off the hapless and intrusive advice of your rampaging mother-in-law, how to run a marathon only a few months after you have given birth, and how to deal with an inattentive husband who isn't planning on changing his life at all. But, above all, remind yourself that young motherhood is a time of enchantment, despite the very real challenges, and a love story, at least towards the children.

Links

1 comment: